Friday, August 19, 2016

Week of August 22

What a great first week of school!  Your first grader has been learning many new routines for room 1 and rules for the primary playground.  Your child is probably feeling a bit tired after school due to transitioning to a longer school day and getting back to a school schedule.  It usually takes a few weeks, but they'll feel better adjusted soon!

I usually send home a Bear Print Weekly Newsletter via email, if you need a hard copy, please let me know.  I will also post a copy to our Class webpage.  Which is under Classroom Pages, then under First Grade.

Wednesday I sent home your child’s Emergency Contact Information sheet.  Please review and make any necessary changes.  Then sign the front top, bottom & review the back as well.  Please return this ASAP so the office has any updates.

I will send home our 1st weekly homework packet on Friday, August 26th and it will be due the following week.  Homework is usually due on Fridays, however because of the long weekend, please return this first packet on either Thursday, September 1st or Tuesday, September 6th.

August 24th is Back to School Night for ParentsWe will meet in room 1, at 6:00 pm to go over First Grade throughout the year.  After our meeting, there is a Principal's Welcome and AV Home and School Club meeting in the Cafeteria from 6:45-7:15.  If you have children in 4th or 5th grade, their classroom presentations will begin at 7:15.

Thank you for sending me your email addresses!  If you need to add or eliminate any addresses, please let me know.  Here is the link to my form bit.ly/BergmansBears1617


I hope you have a wonderful weekend.