Sunday, August 23, 2020

August 23, 2020

 Dear Families,


I hope you are enjoying your weekend and staying safe from the smoke in the air. 


Weekly Work:

This is for your reference so you can use it to help your child if they feel lost, but please know that I will be teaching them what to do.  I will push out Activities in Seesaw, for students to work on, based on this schedule.  Remember it will take us some time to develop a routine. I will begin to post all our weekly lessons on one page.

 

This week, I want to try and create the assignments for the students in Seesaw to avoid having to click on the Google Doc Lesson Plan.  I will share this with our class during our Morning Meeting.

 

Writing:

I would like the students to use paper when possible for writing assignments, unless, I have a template posted in a Seesaw activity.  Here is some line paper to print.  If you have access to a printer, please print a few pages (page 1 only) each week for your child. Binder paper, or the paper in the yellow folder is okay to use as well.  If paper is an issue, please let me know, I am happy to help.

 

Alta Vista Home and School Club:

Here you can read the latest AVHSC newsletter.  You can also connect to the AVHSC Directory confirmation or set up, donations, and volunteer opportunities.

 

Seesaw Family App for Parents: Logout of last year’s class and join First Grade with Mrs. Bergman’s class. https://app.seesaw.me/s/419-297-499

 

Class Picture:

I know at this time, school pictures are not currently available.  Here is our Zoom meeting, class picture.   This might be helpful for your students to recognize faces with names in our class. :)

 

Our Curriculum Overview Meeting will be on Aug 26th at 4 pm on Zoom. 

 

Thanks for your support at home and for your patience,


Important Dates:

Wednesday, August 26: 4:00 PM, Curriculum Overview for Parents via Zoom

Friday, September 4: Staff Work Day, no school for students

Monday, September 7: Labor Day, school holiday